Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tell Me Your Opinion! Calvinism & Alternative Idealogies

Dear Readers,

I have been studying the doctrines of Calvinism (particularly referring to man's role in salvation-- if such a thing exists.) I would truly appreciate it if you commented below! I NEED YOUR OPINION! I do not want to stir up controversy-- I only aim to find out the truth about this topic.

Here are some questions I'd like for you to answer:

1.) Do you believe in Predestination?
2.) Is there a difference between Predestination and Election?
3.) Does God decide to send some to hell before they are even born? If so, how is this justified?
4.) Does man have Free Will? If not, why?

Thank you to those who respond and give opinions! One of the future articles on this blog will cover my own journey through the question of salvation.

Sinceriously,
Micah Sample

(P.S, Have any of you seen the new Son of God movie? Tell me what you thought about it.)

2 comments:

  1. Answering question three, I think God already knows who's going to hell and/or heaven because I mean he's the God who sees all past, present, future, ect... He knows what sins you'll commit before you're born so he can perfectly well say "this person is bound for hell" and combining question 3 with 4 I'm also touching on the subject of human free will. God is a just and kind god, but also one to be feared. He gives us free will to make our own choices, good or bad. Without them there would be no need for heaven or hell or even the future judgement day we would all be robots with no choices. God hates it when he sees his people stealing, lying, being perverted, murdering, and doing other sins, if we didn't have a free choice why would he "make" us do such things. Saying you don't have free will and that all you're doing is pre ordained is simply blaming your sins on God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your response! I wholeheartedly agree with what you said.

      Delete